Inevitable

Was it inevitable?
For us to just drift apart?
Us, once so close together...
we never thought that this might happen.
Us that we knew everything about each other.
Is it okay? I know close to nothing now and it saddens me,
but I fear that it doesn't sadden me enough...
Have I grown cold? I still care, but I do not long for...
I miss and I get nostalgic, but I do not regret.
Of course, I'm filled with a gigantic "what if?" but I guess it's something I'll live with.
Was it because of me? Or was it because of you?
I know lie here just wondering about, some things take me back and maybe just for a little while I'm sad. And I feel guilty because I think that I'm not sad because I miss you... I think I'm sad because I miss "it".
Was it inevitable to not know anything? To just remain in ignorance of each other for the rest of our lives?
Or will we sometime drift back together again and begin to know each other anew?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life

Is it just a fase?

Two in a day